AIGA Members: FREE
Non-Member Students: $20
*Observers, Friends & Family
*Admission from 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
Friends, Family & Observers: $20
Design Students (with valid ID) $5
How Portfolio Review Works
Students display their work on 6' long tables. There is open reviewing time to allow Reviewers to see all the tables. There are two 30-minute sessions that are for one-on-one reviews.
How Students and Reviewers Are Matched
All Reviewers are asked to select the top three categories they prefer to review. Reviewers are assigned one category from their top three choices to review.
How Judging Works
Judges cast 4 votes: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in Overall (all categories). The 4th vote is for the top selection in the category they have reviewed.
For Participating Students
Online registration is open Wednesday April, 24, 2019 at 9:00am–Saturday April 27, 2019 at 9:00pm. This process is first-come, first-served, and it is highly suggested that you plan to be available to log in as early as possible.
Reviewer Selection List
Download a copy of the 2019 Reviewer Bios
to better prepare for online registration. Reviewers will most likely judge in the first category listed, but this is subject to change. Updated to Reviewer selection list as of 04/22/19 6:33pm. New bios available to read when registering for Review:
- Bennett Peji is no longer available for selection.
- Dylan Jones has been added as a Reviewer, but not to the pdf.
- Marc Hedges has been added as a Reviewer, but not to the pdf.
- Morgan Smail has been added as a Reviewer, but not to the pdf.
Mandatory Set-up & Regulations
Friday, May 10, 2019
3:30 p.m.–6:30 p.m. (doors locked at 6:30 p.m.)
Liberty Station Conference Center
2600 Laning Road
San Diego, CA 92106
In the past the portfolio displays have been large backdrops that create a booth-like design for your work and portfolio. Due to environmental and time considerations we will not longer be allowing this. The review will be shifting to be more focused on the actual portfolio book or website as well as projects that are displayed and not focused on the presentation and decoration oriented display items. We would like students to focus on their portfolio book or website, projects that can sit flat on the table, and the table covering itself. Shelving solutions for packaging and products will be allowed, but their scale will be restricted. Large point of purchase or shelving solutions will be considered, but we want to keep these to a minimum.
Each participating student MUST:
- use the assigned (6' x 30" and approx. 30" from the floor) table provided. If at the end of the event there are any damages to the table or surrounding area (wall, carpet, etc.), you will be held financially responsible.
- bring your own table covering.
- not display anything over the max height limit of 35 inches above the table top. You will be asked to remove any items above this height.
- no portion of your display (shelving, etc,) can be wider than 3 feet (includes TV/monitors).
- not play background music.
- not put fire related objects such as candles etc., on the tables.
- not display/hand out any edibles.
Each participating student MAY:
- display personal promotional items.
- use shelves, purchased or built, to prop up 3D projects as long as they fit the size requirements listed above.
- display business cards and resumes on the table.
- request access to "plug-in."
Any participant who does not conform to display regulations listed above will need to readjust their presentation accordingly or be disqualified from the scholarship competition.
Thank you to Scantech, AIGA San Diego's official Education Print Sponsor