About AIGA San Diego
The San Diego chapter of AIGA, the professional organization for design, has been a dynamic contributor to the local design community since 1987. HOW and Print magazines have cited AIGA San Diego as “one of the hottest communities for design in the nation.” Our events provide educational, career enhancement and social opportunities for students and working professionals in creative fields including graphic design, photographers, illustrators and web developers.
Our board meetings take place on the second Monday of each month. At least once per year we conduct open board meetings where all are welcome to attend. Announcements about open board meetings are sent via email to our membership.
Come attend an event
You don’t have to be a member to attend AIGA events. Our AIGA Spirits Happy Hours are free to everyone and are a great way to meet other creative. Non-members usually pay a higher entrance rate for other events.
Get on the volunteer list
Volunteering is the best way to get to know people. When there is a specific need, like a volunteer is needed to help sign people into an event, an email goes out asking for a volunteer. firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways to get involved
- Communications – Use your design skills in helping create communications. We also need help with email, social media, and web communications.
- Events – Are you an event planner at heart? Work with the Events Chair to use your skills in helping organize events, finding venues and finalizing details.
- Join a committee – We are always looking for people to join our committees, these are usually longer-term volunteer activities. Let us know if your interested by emailing us at email@example.com
- The Y Design Conference Planning Committee – The AIGA San Diego Y Conference Planning Committee is a great way to get involved. You can help plan the event, mingle with your design heroes and meet great people in the process. firstname.lastname@example.org
- The LINK Program – Teach a workshop or be a mentor with the AIGA San Diego LINK program, a series of workshops designed to encourage and educate high school disadvantaged and at-risk youth with an interest in art and design. email@example.com
How do I become a member?
You can become a member for as little as $50 a year.
Check out the membership page.
We’re right here for you!