On the day of the event each participating student will present their work to 2 professionals during two 30 minutes sessions.
All Reviewers are asked to submit a short bio and to select their top three categories that they would prefer to Review. This list is given to the students for selection. Selections are first-come, first served.
Reviewers will cast 4 votes: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in Overall (all categories) and 1 vote in their assigned category.
Reviewer Selection Day, Time and Location
Saturday, May 14 2016
9:30am - 11:30am
Urban Discovery Academy
840 14th Street
San Diego, CA 92101
Participating students must select their reviewers in person. This process is first-come, first-served. You will receive two free admissions on this day to give to your friends and family.
Please download this PDF and know your top 5 prior to selection day.
Each student is required to enter one category when registering. Please download these category descriptions for more information.
Portfolio Review Table Set-up
Friday, May 20, 2016 4:30pm-6:30pm
Liberty Station Conference Center
2600 Laning Road
San Diego, CA 92106
Table Regulations: 2' x 6' and are approximately 30" from the floor
Each participating student must:
- use the assigned table provided. If at the end of the event, there are any damages to the table or surrounding area (wall, carpet, etc.), you will be held financially responsible.
- bring your own table covering.
- make the backside of your display a clean finish, cover any tape, wire etc.
- not display anything over the max height limit of 35 inches above the table top. You will be asked to remove any items above this height.
- not suspend anything from the ceiling or place things on the walls of the venue.
- not play background music.
- not put fire related objects such as candles etc., on the tables.
- not display any edibles.
Each participating student may:
- use shelves, purchased or built, to prop up 3-D projects.
- create personal wall structures.
- display personal promotional items.
- display business cards and resumes on the table.
- request access to "plug-in", but is required to bring an extension cord.
Any participant who does not conform to display regulations listed above will need to re-adjust their presentation accordingly or be disqualified from the scholarship competition.
Portfolio Review Day Student Schedule
9:00am–9:30am Student registration is open.
9:45am Students must be at their tables.
10:00am Review #1
10:35am Review #2
11:15am Lunch Students must leave Review Display Room
12:00pm–1:00pm Students will be attending a group breakout session.
1:00-2:30pm Desserts & Awards and open to Friends, Family & Observers
2:30pm clean up tables.